Would you know what to do in an emergency? Would you know how to manage a serious injury? Learn how to manage these emergencies and get Ontario WSIB workplace approved certification by taking emergency or standard first aid training in Mississauga, Ontario. Standard first aid is the most popular of the two courses and includes cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and automated external defibrillator training. A number of other courses are also available including food safety certification and on-line training in WMIS, MSDS, TDG and H2S awareness. Certification for each course is provided immediately upon completion. To register for a standard first aid course or any other course in Mississauga use the contact information provided below.
For a complete list of available training courses, head over to the Mississauga First Aid website here. The website has a complete list of courses, rates, schedules, and registration forms.
Trainees can also complete their registration via e-mail, telephone call, and walk-in during business hours at any of Mississauga First Aid’s training centers.
- Telephone Number: 1-888-870-7002
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://firstaidcprmississauga.ca
CSR’s are friendly, knowledgeable and available from 7 am to 7 pm Monday through to Sunday.
CPR Is Included in the Course
Participants that register for Ontario WSIB approved emergency or standard first aid courses will learn CPR and will have the opportunity to select from one of three different levels’ of CPR. The following is a list of the three levels’ of CPR available:
- CPR level “A” – This level teaches participants CPR and AED rescue techniques for adult victims only.
- CPR level “C” – This level teaches participants the content of CPR level “A” with additional components for child and infant victims.
- CPR level “HCP” – This level teaches participants all of the content of CPR level “C” but at a health care provider level. Participants will learn to provide CPR with the help of trained assistants and will learn to use equipment such as bag-valve masks.
Participants that register for either emergency or standard first aid will have the opportunity to select the level of CPR training the want / need.
What First Aid Will I Learn in the Standard Course?
Customers that register for standard first aid will learn how to recognize and manage the following emergencies
- Cardiac Arrest
- Fully and partially obstructed airways
- Heart Attacks and Angina
- Stroke and Transient Ischemic Attacks
- Internal and External Bleeding
- Asthma Attacks
- Anaphylactic shock and allergic reactions
- Head, neck and spinal injuries
- Diabetic emergencies
- Heat Stroke
- Heat Exhaustion
- Heat Cramps
- Frost Bite
Participants will learn about these and more topics. Standard first aid classes are very comprehensive, covering different emergency situations such as fall and burn accidents and the needed first aid skills for address them. Class hours are spent in lectures as well as practicing the learned skills on the latest training mannequins.
Students who pass their enrolled program receive a St Mark James certificate valid for three years throughout Canada. The certificate will surely meet government, workplace, and academic requirements. Wallet-sized and wall-mount certificates are available.