Ottawa First Aid is the largest provider of St Mark James standard first aid programs in the region. Courses are held throughout the week, including evenings and weekends. With low course prices and high-end training facilities, it’s no wonder that Ottawa First Aid has quickly risen to the top as the leader in St Mark James and food safety training programs. Ottawa First Aid offers the largest selection of training classes so you’re sure to get a certification program that meets your needs. Various courses are available including emergency, childcare and standard first aid. To enrol in a standard first aid training course in Ottawa, Ontario use the contact information available below or use the on-line registration form.
Visit the Ottawa First Aid website here for a complete list of available classes and schedules, rates, and on-line registration forms. A registration form is also available below for quick and hassle-free enrolment.
[button link=”https://standardfirstaidtraining.ca/registration/” rel=”nofollow”]Sign up for a Course On-Line[/button]
About Ottawa First Aid
- Ottawa First Aid offers the largest selection of training courses in the area. Combined first aid and CPR courses, stand-alone CPR classes, private classes, and refresher courses are available for enrolment – all at the cheapest rates.
- Standard first aid courses are inclusive of cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), automated external defibrillation (AED). Available CPR level’s to partner with standard first aid training include three different levels: “A”, “C”, and “HCP”. CPR ‘HCP’ is the most comprehensive level available.
- Stand-alone CPR, AED, are offered to trainees who do not want to enrol in combined first aid / CPR training course.
- Private classes are available as well. Use the registration information above to receive a quote on a private course the the Ottawa training facility or at your location.
- Course rates include taxes, certificates, certification fees, and training manuals. Trainees don’t have to worry about additional or hidden expenses with Ottawa First Aid.
- Full refunds are given to trainees who provide 72-hour notices prior to dropping out.
- St Mark James training certificates are awarded to trainees who are able to complete a training course.
- Expiring certificates can be renewed through refresher / re-certification courses held twice a week at Ottawa First Aid.
- All classes are taught by St Mark James certified instructors in high-end training classrooms, outfitted with the latest training equipment for CPR, AED, and first aid.
- Numerous training centers are available throughout Ottawa. The centers are within walking distance to public transportation and free parking.
Course Content of Standard First Aid
Participants that sign up for standard first aid training in Ottawa will learn about the following topics:
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Automated external defibrillators
- Breathing emergencies
- Circulatory emergencies
- Sudden medical emergencies
- Wound management
- Broken bones and fractures
- Neck, head and skeletal injuries
- Legal implications of first aid and CPR
Did You Know?
Taking auxiliary temperature (under the arm)
Digital thermometers (the long and slender kind) can be used for oral, auxiliary, or rectal temperature.
- Raise your arm and place the tip of the thermometer somewhere in the center.
- Lower your arm or place it on your chest, keeping the thermometer in place.
- Wait one minute or until the thermometer beeps.
- Remove the thermometer and clean it with alcohol.
Take note: Auxiliary temperature is usually 1 degree Celsius or half a degree lower than oral temperature.